Call For Papers in Conference
Computers in Libraries: Libraries with new Ideas and Technology for improving services, community engagement and other activities
Date: 26-27 August 2016
Place: Kathmandu, Nepal
Main Organizer: Library Development Forum Nepal
Main Contact: Prabin Babu Dhakal, firstname.lastname@example.org, +977-98511-63796
Computers in Libraries
Computers in Libraries is the conference concentrating on all aspects of library, new ideas and technology for community engagement, improving services and other activities. There are many excellent libraries as well as a myriad of innovative and engaging services in the information world these days. What strategies, learning, training, partnering, out-of- the-box thinking and borrowing from other industries will enable all libraries to be excellent in their communities? Whether it’s building creative spaces; engaging audiences in different ways with community managers and embedded librarians; advocating for learning and literacy in new and exciting ways; using new technologies to provide engaging services and apps; partnering with museums or chambers of commerce; Computers in Libraries is all about taking libraries to new heights with new ideas and Technology.
Who Should Attend
- Library directors and executives
- Academicians, Researchers, professors and students
- Academic, public, corporate, government, special, and school librarians
- Information managers, Content managers, Information architects and specialists
- System professionals, Technical managers, Information professionals, programmers
- News media, Journalists, Authors and publishers
Why You Should Attend
- DISCOVER the insights, strategies and practices that allow us to push the envelope in expanding the net, managing libraries and digital information, and enhancing the information sharing and learning experience of people in our communities.
- NETWORK with your peers during interactive events, receptions, and connect on social media before, during, and after the conference.
- MEET and hear from the leaders in the information industry in all types of environments — they are integrating content and delighting their clients, organizing and managing digital content in creative ways, setting the context for excellence in information utilization in their organizations, revolutionizing the roles of info pros, building strong collaborative communities among their customers and colleagues, and using new technologies in exciting ways.
Call for speakers
Hear from innovative libraries, network and learn from leaders in the field, and definitely be an active participant in the conference on Computers in Libraries – the most comprehensive Nepalese conference concentrating all aspects of library technology. The conference offers a program designed to meet the needs of librarians, community and information managers, systems professionals, e-resource managers, researchers, webmasters and web managers, content evaluators, digital strategists, and information specialists. The focus of the conference is on leading edge technology that allows us to engage with, and bring strategic value to, our user communities. It provides the latest information and practices for you to make informed choices for your community — whether it is an academic, corporate, non-profit, public, or school library community. The papers presented in this conference will be published in the conference proceeding and the selected papers will be published in the Journal of Library and information system.
Conference Tracks and Topics
Computers in Libraries caters to all interests and all levels of knowledge, and networking opportunities among professionals. The tracks and themes encompass: Innovative Libraries & Practices; Community Attention Grabbers; Partnerships & Collaboration; User Experience Digital Engagement; Information Discovery & Search; Content Management; Web Tools & Leading Edge Technology; Web Design & Development, and more. Speakers are knowledgeable, authoritative and focus on practical applications, “how to” solutions, and case studies as well as technical and managerial issues. Please consider sharing your knowledge and ideas; send us a proposal to speak. Below are some of the topics we hope to cover, but don’t let this list limit your imagination! We look forward to hearing from you.
- Innovative Libraries, Practices & Services
- Preservation and Conservation, digitization Activity
- Ebook Publishing, Distribution & Lending
- Content Management & Curation
- Enterprise Information & Knowledge Management
- Understanding Community Needs & Opportunities
- Connecting People & Technology
- Library Performance Improvement
- Information Discovery & Visualization
- Community management and partnership
- Transforming Library Spaces
- Acquiring & Managing Content
- Content Management Tools
- Digital Archiving, Digital repository services, management
- Cooperation and sharing among libraries
- Networking between professionals and libraries etc.
How to submit a Paper
If you would like to participate in Computers in Libraries as a speaker or workshop leader, please submit a proposal as soon as possible (August 26, 2016 at the very latest). Include the following brief details of your proposed presentation on the form: title, abstract, a few sentences of biographical information that relate you to the topic, and full contact information for you and your co-presenters (title, address, email, phone & fax). All abstracts are reviewed by the Organizing/Review Committee and notification regarding acceptance will be made. Write the articles with following guidelines.
Format of the Paper
The paper should be formatted in A4 sized paper having 2.5cm or 1 inch margins left right top and bottom. Paragraphs should be single spaced, with space between paragraphs (instead of line indentation). The text must be justified, 11 point font size, and section and subsection heading should be numbered. Save your work as yourname.doc in word format and send to all of the provided email addresses.
Title of the paper
First Author: Department or Division Name, Institution Name, City, Country, E-mail, Phone
Second Author: Department or Division Name, Institution Name, City, Country, E-mail, Phone
Abstract: Brief description about the paper in about 200-500 words
Keywords: Upto 5 words describing your paper
Paper: Your paper with 2000-7000 words.
References: The references you have sited
Save your work as: yourname.doc in word format and send us to following address
Presentation: You have to present your paper with PowerPoint presentation
This work will be copyrighted to you and made available to the public under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0 . All papers will be published in conference proceeding. Selected papers will be published in the Journal of Library and information system
Where to Submit? How to submit?
You must submit the proposal and paper on or before 26th August, 2016. You can contact following persons for the details about the program. You have to submit paper to following email addresses.
- Prabin Babu Dhakal, email@example.com
- Ramesh Kumar Bhusal, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pustakalaya Aawaj, email@example.com
- Prem Adhikari, firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Development Forum
Nepal Library Foundation, Kathmandu
Central Department of Library and Information Science, TU
Libra Library Automation System
Squad of Technical Mind P Ltd
IraSoft Nepal P Ltd
Pustakalaya Aawaj Monthly
Tribhuvan University Central Library
Pokhara University Central Library
Kathmandu University Central Library
Dilliraman Kalyani Regmi Library
Nepal Community Library Association
Social Science Baha
Nepal Central Law Library
Institute of Engineering
IOE central Library